IremDb - Internet Retro Magazine DB is now open

retroprime

• Retromags Curator

This is absolutely insane. We've dreamed of something like this for over a decade for this site but never managed to have the time or know-how on how to do it. This is a crazy amount of work and am glad to see it actually exist somewhere! Hopefully some people here can make time to try and help (myself included); hopefully some members from the Gaming Alexandria community is also willing to pitch in. They seem to be an active bunch!

If you didn't send this to Frank at the Video Game History Foundation (aka @TheRedEye on here). Maybe do so. They have a pretty solid support base as well and some from there may be able to help out also.

• Like 1

Thanks @E-DayI have not reached out to him yet, more than happy to chat. I still stand for the first message of making the data public, I just need to get user login under control, public means registered user, as I found out that even with no users, I'm still getting hit pretty bad by bots hitting the endpoints.

I have also thought of maybe one day make it work with this site, integrate the backend of iremdb into retromags, not sure if this would be possible through this platform but it is a thought nevertheless.

• Like 1

• Retromags Curator
1 hour ago, retroprime said:

I have also thought of maybe one day make it work with this site, integrate the backend of iremdb into retromags, not sure if this would be possible through this platform but it is a thought nevertheless.

That's a Phillyman question for sure. Even if it can't be integrated, just the fact that this will exist for the public to use is amazing.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...